Thinai arisi or Foxtail millet is a variety that grows in a warm climate. It is more environmentally friendly as it requires significantly less water for cultivation in comparison to rice. This fresh farm product from Sudhantira is traditionally grown by the farmers who put their heart and soul into the crops. It is gluten-free and loaded with an array of essential nutrients. Thaenum Thinai Maavum is one of the most popular naivedyam recipes offered to Lord Muruga during “Karthigai Deepam” festival in Tamil Nadu. You can use foxtail millet to make upma, kheer, pongal and other scrumptious too as well.
Foxtail Millet Benefits
- Rich in vitamin B12 for smooth functioning of the nervous system
- Suitable for skin and hair growth
- Improves glycaemic control
- Helps cure muscle weakness
- Aids in the formation of collagen for skin strength and elasticity
- Good source of phosphorus for energetic body