Kambu, also known as pearl millet or Bajra, is a coarse grain with high nutritional value. This gluten-free sustainable agro product is rich in iron, calcium, magnesium and dietary fibre. Kambu koozh is a ubiquitous breakfast in many parts of Tamil Nadu, especially during summer. Bajra, along with buttermilk, acts as an excellent coolant that keeps your body hydrated during summers. Other recipe ideas for Sudhantira’s farm-fresh pearl millet include kambu dosa, porridge, chapati, cookies and much more!
Pearl Millet Benefits
- High in fibre and protein and suitable for a diabetes control diet
- Loaded with phosphorus content for stronger bones
- A healthy choice of food for pregnant women and nursing mothers
- Rich iron content is good for combating anaemia
- Ideal for weight management and obesity
- Nutritious baby food